It’s so much more fun to actually do things rather than just be an observer in life
getting your hands dirty
only to find that you love the smell and the feel of the dirt under your fingernails
Cooyright 2016 Mary Rensberry
Feeling like sharing all the positives today- all the sun, light breezes, smiles, music, hugs, art, books and tweets this spring day!
#WorldBookDay- pass the positives along.
Hoping you’ve had your quota of positives today…
Illustration by S. Cameron Chambers ©2014
I’m soon to be 65 years young this next month. Never felt more alive, aware or grateful, either. I believe there are certain things you must do to set yourself up for this wonderful time in life:
- Never quit doing what you love in life. It took me a long time to really find out what I liked to do in life. And that was writing and illustrating books for people of all ages. I don’t have a large volume of books written, but I’ve enjoyed each project and product thus far done. Keeps me young. Of course, learning the internet is done in gradients, too. 🙂 And that’s a whole ‘nuther story!
- Appreciate the lessons learned in life. No one is born into this world knowing it all. I’ve had some hard lessons in life, but in the long run, each of those lessons was done by choice or consent, even if done in ignorance. Try to join a group that helps you learn about life and livingness because there is a technology to living, so to speak.
- Take responsibility for what you’ve done-the good and not so good. I realized that life keeps on going and it gets easier when I take responsibility for my part. That helps me to be more humble and not so hard on myself in the future. It also helps me to realize that there’s a lot of good to be done in the world and there’s always another opportunity to improve yourself.
- Love your family. Get to know each one in your family and love them for who they are. I’m a fraternal twin-a close sister that means the world to me with two younger brothers. My mother is still alive, I’m thankful, and happily married. I also have a wonderful husband & family that are very supportive of me. Two grown children and three grandchildren now doing well in life. Communicate with your family often.
- Be Community minded. Getting out and helping others whether you do so in person or using the internet can bring rewards. There’s nothing as rewarding as helping others out. Treat others as you want to be treated, too.
- Help our planet out. Economize, reuse and recycle where you can. It’s a great feeling to know that you are using only what you need to and giving back to the land that has given so generously to us.
- Develop a Spiritual life. Work and study to improve yourself-each day. Cultivate good virtues. Keep abreast of the technologies used in this day and time to help you develop a better and deeper spiritual connection.
These are some of the things that I have found that brings success in my life. I’m sure there’s more- I hope you have questions or comments, too. Don’t forget to check out my books here. And thanks for stopping by- come again!
Yes, it is that time of year when a lot of people are frantically running around either shopping, eating, wrapping or exchanging gifts for themselves or another.
But in Reality, it is when one can do those things with love in their heart without all the franticness that brings ‘Christmas’ home to me. It is a stance, a posture. It is prayer in action.
It is the very act of creating-creating a climate of peace and love, no matter what you’re doing that makes it Christmas Christmas Everyday.
So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, too (in whatever language you speak)…everyday of the year.
Since man is basically good, made in the image and likeness of God/Source, and is a spiritual being, then he has the ‘Christmas Spirit’ or ‘Christ spirit’ within. It is living out this image in everyday life that is the challenge.
Living, Giving, Sharing, that is my passion, my call to you…as outflowing is greater than inflowing. It is truly holier to give and pays off in ways that only the angels can understand.
Contribute to the motion! Get your copy of Christmas Christmas Everyday!
aopinionatedman.com Thank you for sharing. That’s what it is all about! 🙂