People are alive to the degree that life has been granted to them and alive to the degree that he has granted life to himself and others. Or stated another way, grant life to yourself and others and life begets life.
We are here…we are alive this very moment. Look around and grant that same life that is in you to your possessions, appreciate those things, take care of those things that take care of you. Grant life to the community you live and work in, saying to yourself, ‘Hey, this is a great place to live and the people here are wonderful!’ The town and the people in it eventually will conform to the life you give it to that degree. Just think what a difference it would make starting with just idea.
This day grant life to yourself, to your family, to your home, to your possessions, to each other in the community…And the degree you grant that life into people and things is the degree of aliveness it becomes. Funny how things work out that way…but try it…do it each moment. As an artist and illustrator, I’ve got to breathe life into what I’m drawing or doing on canvas or it just won’t communicate to others. If I can’t do that, then to that degree, I have not accomplished my goal as an artist. You don’t have to have a degree from a major art school or to have studied under someone to create…just imbue LIFE into it…desire it, feel it, put emotions in it…and it’ll communicate and be alive to that degree. It’s amazing what things can happen from granting life to yourself and others.
So go out there and be your great self-GRANT LIFE! Help, support, play with, imagine, uplift, act with kindness…It is something which we can ALL do…and it is relatively simple.
In my opinion, blogging is all about sharing a part of yourself. If someone can learn something or be helped by your blogging, then it is well worth it to blog. So, I blog…sometimes. 🙂
I don’t have time to read all the many blogs I’m subscribed to or have voluntarily offered to follow, but I try. I find that I learn something about the other out there in the world, too.
Communication is so essential in our lives, for it the woof and warp of life itself! It IS life! Life survives and thrives by and with and in communication with the other. There wouldn’t be so many divisions in every area of life if we actually sat down and got in communication, now would there?
And that, that is in communication, is in community…. Oh, how I love the word community. From that we get communion*.
Have a wonderful rest of the day! And thanks for allowing me to commune with you.
If you feel that you cannot communicate as you wish to in life, then by all means check out the helpful, free course here. You’ll be happy you did! 🙂
“Communion.” Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 21 May 2017.
I’m soon to be 65 years young this next month. Never felt more alive, aware or grateful, either. I believe there are certain things you must do to set yourself up for this wonderful time in life:
- Never quit doing what you love in life. It took me a long time to really find out what I liked to do in life. And that was writing and illustrating books for people of all ages. I don’t have a large volume of books written, but I’ve enjoyed each project and product thus far done. Keeps me young. Of course, learning the internet is done in gradients, too. 🙂 And that’s a whole ‘nuther story!
- Appreciate the lessons learned in life. No one is born into this world knowing it all. I’ve had some hard lessons in life, but in the long run, each of those lessons was done by choice or consent, even if done in ignorance. Try to join a group that helps you learn about life and livingness because there is a technology to living, so to speak.
- Take responsibility for what you’ve done-the good and not so good. I realized that life keeps on going and it gets easier when I take responsibility for my part. That helps me to be more humble and not so hard on myself in the future. It also helps me to realize that there’s a lot of good to be done in the world and there’s always another opportunity to improve yourself.
- Love your family. Get to know each one in your family and love them for who they are. I’m a fraternal twin-a close sister that means the world to me with two younger brothers. My mother is still alive, I’m thankful, and happily married. I also have a wonderful husband & family that are very supportive of me. Two grown children and three grandchildren now doing well in life. Communicate with your family often.
- Be Community minded. Getting out and helping others whether you do so in person or using the internet can bring rewards. There’s nothing as rewarding as helping others out. Treat others as you want to be treated, too.
- Help our planet out. Economize, reuse and recycle where you can. It’s a great feeling to know that you are using only what you need to and giving back to the land that has given so generously to us.
- Develop a Spiritual life. Work and study to improve yourself-each day. Cultivate good virtues. Keep abreast of the technologies used in this day and time to help you develop a better and deeper spiritual connection.
These are some of the things that I have found that brings success in my life. I’m sure there’s more- I hope you have questions or comments, too. Don’t forget to check out my books here. And thanks for stopping by- come again!
It’s not very often in life one is able to be in a very remote area yet be surrounded with such a feeling of love and community. Perhaps it is all the prayers that are protecting us in this area of Fairview, Michigan. Or perhaps it is just the good thoughts and energy that is expended from these hard-working folks called the Amish. Whatever it is, I feel like I am contributing to this feeling-by my prayers and good thoughts, too.