I’m soon to be 65 years young this next month. Never felt more alive, aware or grateful, either. I believe there are certain things you must do to set yourself up for this wonderful time in life:
- Never quit doing what you love in life. It took me a long time to really find out what I liked to do in life. And that was writing and illustrating books for people of all ages. I don’t have a large volume of books written, but I’ve enjoyed each project and product thus far done. Keeps me young. Of course, learning the internet is done in gradients, too. 🙂 And that’s a whole ‘nuther story!
- Appreciate the lessons learned in life. No one is born into this world knowing it all. I’ve had some hard lessons in life, but in the long run, each of those lessons was done by choice or consent, even if done in ignorance. Try to join a group that helps you learn about life and livingness because there is a technology to living, so to speak.
- Take responsibility for what you’ve done-the good and not so good. I realized that life keeps on going and it gets easier when I take responsibility for my part. That helps me to be more humble and not so hard on myself in the future. It also helps me to realize that there’s a lot of good to be done in the world and there’s always another opportunity to improve yourself.
- Love your family. Get to know each one in your family and love them for who they are. I’m a fraternal twin-a close sister that means the world to me with two younger brothers. My mother is still alive, I’m thankful, and happily married. I also have a wonderful husband & family that are very supportive of me. Two grown children and three grandchildren now doing well in life. Communicate with your family often.
- Be Community minded. Getting out and helping others whether you do so in person or using the internet can bring rewards. There’s nothing as rewarding as helping others out. Treat others as you want to be treated, too.
- Help our planet out. Economize, reuse and recycle where you can. It’s a great feeling to know that you are using only what you need to and giving back to the land that has given so generously to us.
- Develop a Spiritual life. Work and study to improve yourself-each day. Cultivate good virtues. Keep abreast of the technologies used in this day and time to help you develop a better and deeper spiritual connection.
These are some of the things that I have found that brings success in my life. I’m sure there’s more- I hope you have questions or comments, too. Don’t forget to check out my books here. And thanks for stopping by- come again!